[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users Digest, Vol 67, Issue 60

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Nov 10 10:58:21 CET 2009

pawan raghav wrote:
> Dear,
>
> Your tutorial for windows are lacking of proper guidence. You should
> post the steps to use it to make it more user friendly.
>
> As I have tried from last two months but after installing it I really
> don't know to execute commands on windows. If you can guide me then why
> don't you not tell me the steps for using it on windows.

I endorse Tsjerk's comments wholeheartedly. I don't know why you didn't
search the GROMACS website for steps for using it on Windows, as I've
had a Cygwin-installation HOWTO there for several years. :-) Every one
of the "how to get help for GROMACS" pages suggests searching web pages
and Google before posting on these lists, but many people overlook
those... That usually costs them time and effort.

If you really think the available installation documents lack proper
guidance, then please feel free to suggest improvements. We're all
volunteers, but people might be motivated to fix things if the target
audience can convince them that things aren't documented well enough.
That process takes more effort than making general negative comments,
however :-)