[gmx-users] Docking with PyMol and using Gromacs

Dallas B. Warren Dallas.Warren at pharm.monash.edu.au
Thu Nov 12 00:25:58 CET 2009

Coordinate files like pdb and gro aren't used by GROMACS to provide any
bonding information.  That is what the topology files are for.  So their
"presence" in your pdb isn't an issue.

Actually, what is probably happening is that PyMol is guessing the bonds
presence, based on the distance between atoms, and displaying it (which
is what VMD does as well).  So the bonds aren't actually there at all in
the pdb file.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren at pharm.monash.edu.au
+61 3 9903 9167
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble
a nail.