[gmx-users] pull code with defined negative relative displacements

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sun Nov 15 17:31:06 CET 2009

Hi Berk, I am aware that pull_init=4.75 should pull to 4.75, not 1.0.
I was mixing results from my simulations as I was discussing, sorry.

Please allow me to restate the issue: If I am indeed pulling to 4.75
below group 0, then why is the force positive when group 1 has a
displacement of -4.68988 (see below):

coord.xvg:
1669.4000       4.97979 -4.68988
force.xvg:
1669.4000       30.0622

I think that pull_geometry=distance and pull_geometry=direction are
not going to work here.

I have moved to a test system that is the a box of water in which I
pull the z of one water to a relative displacement with respect to one
other water.

 From this, I have found that pull_geometry=position while passing in
a negative pull_init1 and a pull_vec1 of 0 0 0, appears to be the only
way to get this done.

Thank you for all of your time,
Chris.