[gmx-users] Segfaults with trjconv and g_dist

Ondrej Marsalek ondrej.marsalek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 18:22:35 CET 2009

Dear all,

as a quick check, before I dive deeper, I would like to ask the following.

I have a simulation (protein in water and counterions) for which I
have defined an xtc output group (protein and conunterions). If I try
to run trjconv or g_dist over this xtc file (and a proper reduced
index file), I get a segmentation fault. I also get this if I filter
out water from the full trr file and try to process the rest. If I use
the original trr file for g_dist or trjconv, it works just fine.
Before I try to resolve this, I'd like to know if anyone has
encountered anything like this. Tested on 4.0.4 and 4.0.5.

In case this will need a bug report - are tpr files portable, is it OK
to attach one to a bug report?

Thanks,
Ondrej