[gmx-users] Segfaults with trjconv and g_dist

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 18:38:26 CET 2009

Hi Ondrej,

This is not a bug, but arises from the inconsistency of the .tpr file
and the .xtc file. g_dist uses an internal index group derived from
the .tpr file. But that file contains more atoms than the trajectory
file, and some index numbers for counterions are higher than the
highest entry in the frame from the trajectory. Hence, you get a
segmentation fault. If you create an index group yourself from the
.tpr file, you have the same issue. To avoid it, you can create a
coordinate file from the .tpr matching the atoms in the .xtc file.

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk