[gmx-users] Disulfide bridge formation between A and B state

Jochen Hub jochen at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Nov 20 15:55:22 CET 2009

Hi Berk,

thanks a lot for the comment.

Actually I have found a solution which is good enough for what I am
planing to do. I have placed a dummy onto the sulfur which is turned on
while the sulfur is tuned off. And I switch on a bond between the dummys
when switching from A to B. Then I have added all the necessary
exclusions and pairs between the dummy and the nearby atoms, and the new
angles and dihedrals due to the S-S bond.

The only issue which is now not exact are the 1-4 coulomb interactions
of the dummies in the B state. They are computed completely instead of
being scaled down by 1.2. So for a real FEP calculation that might be a
problem, but for me it is fine.

Cheers,

Jochen