[gmx-users] pbc atom

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Aug 24 15:40:44 CEST 2010

Gavin Melaugh wrote:
> For the umbrella sampling I am not pulling in any direction I am just
> applying the umbrella potential so that two molecules can sample space
> about a give value of r0 (COM distance). Maybe I am confused but should
> I not plot the absolute value of the displacement (modulus) as supposed
> to the displacement along a given vector component?

For diagnosing weird behavior, I would always start with the primary data, not
any post-processed interpretation of it.  Use the pullx.xvg file.  Any weird
changes in sign or sudden changes in magnitude would indicate problems.  If you
start manipulating the data, you may be hiding the real reason for the problem.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar