[gmx-users] H2 topology

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Feb 2 06:51:19 CET 2010

On 02/02/10 14:23, 011013021-Jyotsna wrote:

> Dear David,
> Thank you very much for your help.
> As per the literature am following , it is mentioned that the bond
> distance used is 0.7 Angstrom. Where do I incorporate the bond distance
> parameter in the topology file?

See example in chapter 5 of the manual.

> The problem am facing is that , I am not
> very clear as to if the distance is between the two Hydrogen atoms of
> btween the dummy atom and each of the Hydrogen atoms in either side, in
> which case the total distance becomes 1.4 A.

Surely the text of the original article is more clear than that. In any
case, from where did you get the number 0.7439756 in your topology?

> When i mention the bond distance in the topology file , should it be
> placed under Bond or constraint?

The article surely specifies the nature of the bonded interaction. Work
out what that is, and then consider the tables in section 5.7.1.

Science in general and computational science in particular is very
exacting. For your own sake, please cultivate that habit :-)

Mark