[gmx-users] Extracting enthalpies during or after MD

lists at jsx.dk lists at jsx.dk
Fri Jun 4 21:56:42 CEST 2010

Thanks for the help Mark. Just to make sure I understand you correctly, I
have a few comments/questions, see below...

kind regards,
Jesper

And there is no way to force it to be, right?

>> Let say that I want the interaction energy between water and lipid
>> head-group and also water and protein. Will I then have to do "mdrun
>> -rerun" to get all the energy group I want out of this?
>
> One (re)run will suffice unless you have large numbers of groups. Consider
> whether g_enemat is useful for you.

Using rerun will I be able to specify more energy groups, where the same
atom can be in multiple groups? Else, I would have to run it several
times, right?
Also, g_enemat is to post-process/analyse the numbers once I have them
from a simulation, where I have extracted all the energy numbers I want,
right?
So if I cannot do it with one simulations (because some atoms are part of
several different energy groups, then g_enemat won't work for my case,
correct?