[gmx-users] How to increase the tolerance for conjugate gradient minimization

Ran Friedman r.friedman at bioc.uzh.ch
Tue Jun 8 11:06:04 CEST 2010

Hi Arthur,

The most useful option from my experience is to run Gromacs in double
precision.
You also can try to make emstep smaller (after an initial minimisation
of the crude structure) and use l-bfgs.

Good luck,
Ran

Ran Friedman
Postdoctoral Fellow
Computational Structural Biology Group (A. Caflisch)
Department of Biochemistry
University of Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland