[gmx-users] constraints bond length vari by 10%

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 10:15:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

shake_tol sets the relative tolerance of the constraint lengths.
This means that the constraints should not differ more than +-shake_tol
after constraining: for example a constraint of length 0.1 nm with shake_tol=1e-4
should be between 0.09999 and 0.10001 nm.

Note that the settings in your last mail are quite close to the floating point precision.
Double precision could help in that case.
But your earlier mails also seem to indicate problems with lower shake_tols.
I have no clue what could be wrong in that case.

BTW have you tried LINCS?

Berk