[gmx-users] NVE of water

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 13:39:42 CET 2010

Hi,

I have now added a check to grompp for the charge-group radii versus the buffer size
for the next Gromacs release.

Berk

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:33:13 +0100
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] NVE of water
From: andreamuntean at gmail.com
To: gmx-users at gromacs.org

Thank you for your hints. I'll give it a try right now.

Regards,
Andrea

2010/3/1 Berk Hess <gmx3 at hotmail.com>

Hi,

Shake is not relevant for water and also a time step of 2 fs should be fine.
The cut-off's are the problem. You have a buffer size of 0.1 nm,
which is already smaller than 2 times the distance from the center of geometry

of a water molecule to a hydrogen. You need some additional distance
for water diffusion. I would use a buffer of 0.25 to 0.3 nm.
You don't list you coulombtype setting. Use pme (or if you want perfect energy

conservation: pme-switch), you can also use reaction-field-zero if you really don't
want to use PME.
Then use nstlist=-1, run a short simulation and check in at the end of your log file
that the neighbor list lifetime is somewhere between 5 and 20 steps.

We should have a wiki entry for such details. Maybe there is one, but I was too lazy
to check or make one.

Berk

gmx-users mailing list    gmx-users at gromacs.org