[gmx-users] gromacs memory usage

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Wed Mar 3 07:03:05 CET 2010

Hi,

do:
file `which mdrun`
and it should give:
/usr/bin/mdrun: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.15, stripped

If it is not 64 you need to compile with 64 and have a 64bit kernel. Since
you asked before about 2GB large files this might indeed be your problem.

Roland

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309