[gmx-users] large number of molecules

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Mar 9 00:32:27 CET 2010

ksm tprk wrote:
> And one more thing.
> I change morse = no to yes but it was not good too. Do you know why
> morse does not work?

The "morse" option corresponds to a Morse bond potential, which may or may not
be appropriate for use with whatever force field you're using (which you haven't
said).  Haphazardly changing options hoping something works is a good way to
waste time :)

See my previous mail for other comments.

-Justin

> [...]
>  > > When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to
> resemble
>  > > a nail.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > *From:* gmx-users-bounces at gromacs.org
>  > > [mailto:gmx-users-bounces at gromacs.org] *On Behalf Of *ksm tprk
>  > > *Sent:* Tuesday, 9 March 2010 8:33 AM
>  > > *To:* gromacs users
>  > > *Subject:* [gmx-users] large number of molecules
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > Hello,
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > I simulate carbon nanotube and basically I follow up
>  > > http://cs86.com/CNSE/SWNT.htm
>  > >
>  > > But when I increase the number of molecules (like 15000) , it gives me
>  > > wrong results.
>  > >
>  > > Do you know why this is happen?
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > Thank you,
>  > >
>  > > Kasim
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up
>  > > now. <http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/>
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.
>  > > <http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/>
>  > >
>  >
>  > --
>  > ========================================
>  >
>  > Justin A. Lemkul
>  > Ph.D. Candidate
>  > ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
>  > MILES-IGERT Trainee
>  > Department of Biochemistry
>  > Virginia Tech
>  > Blacksburg, VA
>  > jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080
>  > http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin
>  >
>  > ========================================
>  > --
>  > gmx-users mailing list gmx-users at gromacs.org
>  > Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/search before
> posting!
>  > Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>  > www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
>  > Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php

> Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful SPAM protection. Sign

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee