[gmx-users] Re:problem with interaction energy calculated by g_energy

Qiong Zhang qiongzhang928 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 09:27:11 CET 2010

Hi dear Mark,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Yes, you are right that I am using PME.

The molecules I am simulating are carbohydrates. And I am using Glycam06 Force Field.

The interaction energy I got previously is analyzed by directly using g_energy, summing up Coul_SR and LJ_SR of two groups.

In order to include the long range interaction, I've also tried "mdrun -rerun" option.  So three "reruns" were carried out for molecule 1(1st), molecules 2 (2nd) and molecule 1 and 2 (3rd). This time, I found the long range Coul_recip between molecule 1 and 2 is a quite positive value. So when only Coul_SR is included, the electrostatic interaction between molecule 1 and molecules 2 is much more negative (> 100 kj/mol) than that when both Coul_SR and Coul_recip are included. I guess, for such carbohydrate molecules, long range Coul_recip can not be excluded.
Am I right here?

For the second summing up problem, I am still checking all the input file, especially the index file.

Thank you very much!

Qiong