[gmx-users] rdf problem

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Tue Mar 9 10:39:01 CET 2010

Antonia V. skrev:
> Dear all,
>
> I am simulating a binary system of two non mixing components (5CB and
> water using version 4-0-3; the whole equilibrated trajectory is about
> 300ns).
> I want to calculate the rdf of the centers of mass of 5CB using the
> command
> g_rdf -f traj300.xtc -rdf mol_com -o rdf_com_300.xvg -noxvgr.
> The problem is that the rdf I am getting does not approach zero at
> long distances. Is there a way to correct that?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help,
> Antonia

> Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful SPAM protection. Sign
> up now. <https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969>

But it should not, should it? The rdf normally approaches one for long
distances.

Erik Marklund, PhD student
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics,
Husargatan 3, Box 596,    75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:    +46 18 471 4537        fax: +46 18 511 755
erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se    http://xray.bmc.uu.se/molbiophys