[gmx-users] diffusion coefficient of oxygen

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 14:11:56 CET 2010

Hi,

I would think this is one of very few examples where most of the force field is quite
uncritical. Diffusion of a hydrophobic solute in water will mainly depend on the size
of the solute and the diffusion coefficient of the water model itself.
Of the common water models, SPC/E has the best diffusion coefficient and it
combines well with the Gromos force fields, so use that.

It is well known that the diffusion of SPC is twice what it should be.

Berk