[gmx-users] LIE energy values for dimers

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Sat Mar 13 21:25:20 CET 2010

On 2010-03-13 20.13, jorge_quintero at ciencias.uis.edu.co wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I used LIE method in order to obtain information related with free energy
> bind between two proteins.  Previously, I obtained several dimeric
> configuration using zdock package, and geometry optimization for each
> model.  For the first ten complex, I used LIE.  These are my results:
>
> complex1 -2267.44
> complex2 -2191.92
> complex3 -2136.47
> complex4 -2430.13
> complex5 -2227.88
> complex6 -2476.61
> complex7 -2327.87
> complex8 -2219.41
> complex9 -2299.76
> complex10 -2324.9
>
> Are these value correct?.  I'll appreciate your support!

Impossible to say. I don't know whether there is any accepted protocol
for this purpose, but LIE is probably too crude. There a couple of
servers out there that will give you a value. Search for protein-protein
interaction prediction or something like that.

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205.