[gmx-users] rmsf question

Andrei Neamtu neamtuandrei at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 08:45:22 CET 2010

Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your response.

What I meant was to obtain a RMSF plot form PDB mediated on each
residue and to compare with a RMSF plot mediated on each residue
obtained from a MD trajectory.
I do not compare a frame from PDB with a frame from MD trajectory.
So, in the PDB file each 'frame' (MODEL) in the NMR file has the same
order and number of atoms.
This is also true for the MD trajectory.

In the end i compare the two plots to see if the residues along the
chain have comparable 'flexibility'

Is necessary in this case to have a correspondence between the order
of atoms in PDb and in MD trajectory?
In this sense the comparison makes sense? (I mean if I do the residue mediation)

(The PDB is a NMR structure and so it has the hydorgen added and no
missing side chains. And, it has the same number of atoms as the gro
file generated with pdb2gmx. And also the same number of atoms in the
corresponding residues.)

Many thanks,
Andrei