[gmx-users] rmsf question

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Mar 16 10:24:34 CET 2010

On 16/03/2010 8:17 PM, XAvier Periole wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2010, at 9:43 AM, Andrei Neamtu wrote:
>
>> Dear Mark and Tjerk,
>>
>> Thank you for your comments.
>> If I correctly uderstand the RMSF computed on C-alpha in PDB NMR
>> structure, is a measure of the uncertanty in resolving the structure.
> Well, the "uncertainty of the NMR experiment" would be strongly correlated
> with the dynamics of the system in solution, which in a sense reflects
> its fluctuations.

... *if* there's reason to believe that the NMR ensemble reflects the
Boltzmann ensemble. I've no idea how such software works, but I could
certainly imagine algorithms that produced a set of plausible structures
by varying things that have little or nothing to do with physics...
starting points for constrained geometry optimizations, for example.

Mark