[gmx-users] Simultaing protein, water and lipid together

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Mar 17 11:54:35 CET 2010

radhika jaswal wrote:
> Hi Everyone there....
>
> I want to simulate peptide, water and few lipid molecules together...but
> by all the possible sources i am just able to find the full dmpc or
> dppc.pdb....not single molecule parameters of any single lipid molecule...
> All sugestions are welcome.

Your question is not well-formed.  Do you just need the coordinates of a single
lipid from, for example, a pre-equilibrated membrane?  If so, just use a text
editor to pull one out.  Do you need parameters for this lipid?  Note that .pdb
files do not contain parameters, they contain coordinates.  Most standard lipids
can be found at several sites, most commonly Peter Tieleman's.

In any case, I'd suggest that you have a look at the membrane protein tutorial
linked on the Gromacs site.  Even if you don't want to work with a whole
membrane, many of the same issues will come up, as far as setting up the system
topology.

-Justin

> Thanks
> Radhika

> Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!
> <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_ie8_new/*http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/>.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar