[gmx-users] gromacs 4.0 on CRAY-XT4

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Wed Mar 17 19:04:08 CET 2010

Hi,

gromacs is installed on Franklin. (module load gromacs). But I don't
recommend the installed version. It is compiled only in double precision and
with FFTW2 and PGI.

You are welcome to use the version I have installed there:
/global/homes/r/rschulz/software/gromacs (4.0.7)
/global/homes/r/rschulz/software/gromacs.head/ (GIT master)

You can also look at the config.log and env.sh
in /global/homes/r/rschulz/download/ to look how it is compiled.

Of course if you do you do that on your own risk and I don't support it
there. Also I recompile it there frequently so you probably want to make a
copy if you want to keep the same binary during your simulation.

It is probably better to ask the help-desk to compile with single precision,
fftw3 (to make it faster) and gcc (there were problems with Gromacs and PGI
before).

Roland