[gmx-users] Using lennard jones and buckingham terms simultaneously

Matthew Watkins matthew.watkins at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 23 16:39:15 CET 2010

Hi Gareth,

as Vitaly suggested tabulated potentials seem to be the only way to go,
it took me a while to get up to speed on the Gromacs way of doing this,
so get in touch if you wish.

The tables for buck potentials need to include the standard 1/r6 term
whilst what would be the 1/r12 term needs to contain exp(-Bx.rho), the
C6 and C12 coefficients can then be put in a standard nonbonded section.
  You'll need a separated table for each pair of interactions that
interact with buckingham potential.  Each pair must be an energy group
as well.

If there is a simpler method I'd love to hear it.

Cheers,

Matt