[gmx-users] Dynamics cross correlation map

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:37:53 CET 2010

Hi Sukesh,

Great. This makes things much clearer. So basically what you'd need to
do is to divide each i,j-th element of the covariance matrix you
obtained (covar.dat) by the sqrt of the  ii-th and jj-th diagonal
element. That will commonly turn a covariance matrix into a
correlation matrix. But, that also happens to be what the modified
version of g_covar provided by Ran does. I think it's still on the
contributions page.

Just one more thing, the generalized correlation of Lange and
Grubmueller is a bit of a different thing. Might also be handy though.
In stead of calculating the correlation as the normalized product
moment, they have a similarity parameter that measures how close the
actual distribution of measurements is to the one you'd get if the
measurements were uncorrelated (mutually independent). This
compensates for non-linear relationships between variables.

Cheers,

Tsjerk