[gmx-users] Query regarding toplogy of Manganese ion in protein

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Mar 24 13:14:37 CET 2010

sonali dhindwal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have protein in my protein, for which i want to run MD simulation.
> Could you please help me to know how to generate topology file for
> Manganese and which force field to use, as none of the force field in
> Gromacs supports Mn ion.

Parameterization is considered a very advanced task, and generating good
parameters for a transition metal is especially challenging.  See here:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Parameterization#Exotic_Species

Parameters for Mn are available for the AMBER force fields, which can be
incorporated into Gromacs with the ffamber ports.  The reference for Mn can be
found at:

http://www.pharmacy.manchester.ac.uk/bryce/amber#ion

-Justin

> Please Help
> Regards
>
> --
> Sonali Dhindwal

> Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!
> <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_ie8_new/*http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/>.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar