[gmx-users] query regarding atom type

sonali dhindwal sonali11dhindwal at yahoo.co.in
Sat Mar 27 19:03:03 CET 2010

Thanks a lot for your mail.
I hope it will help me.
Regards

--
Sonali Dhindwal

--- On Sat, 27/3/10, durmaz at zib.de <durmaz at zib.de> wrote:

From: durmaz at zib.de <durmaz at zib.de>
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] query regarding atom type
To: "Discussion list for GROMACS users" <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
Date: Saturday, 27 March, 2010, 8:56 PM

hi there,

i'm doing simulation of protein-ligand systems since a few weeks and i've
been starting with a nice tutorial for acpypi (python script)

http://code.google.com/p/acpypi/wiki/TutorialAcpypi4Gromacs

in order to create topology-files for several (42) ligands in an automized
way. works very fine so far.

changes, that i've applied to the tutorial: i don't add water at the
pdb2gmx step, but only later at the genbox step. in addition, i add the
include line for the water topology "manually" (script). however, if you
use acpypi, you should remove the coordinates/topology (section [
moleculetype ], [ atoms ], [ bonds ], ...)  of the protein from the
protein.top (generated by pdb2gmx) and create a own protein.itp file
containing that information, which than needs to be included in the
protein.top file.

restriction on acpypi: number of ligand's atoms is limited to about 200
(not sure).

regards,

vedat

gmx-users mailing list    gmx-users at gromacs.org