[gmx-users] PMF of ligand transport

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Mon May 10 15:40:58 CEST 2010

Using a flexible reference to generate a PMF is certainly not a good
idea.

More than affecting your convergence, your distance may have only little
to do with the actual position of your ion in the channel. Imagine the
ion is
in a stable position and has to go over some energy barrier. It likely
that the
loop will move instead of your ion ...

You might want  to change your the reaction coordinate.