[gmx-users] energy_increase_NVE_run

Durba Roy dur12 at psu.edu
Tue May 11 21:01:14 CEST 2010

Hi Gromacs Users,

I am trying to run a NVE simulation of a single dye molecule jumping
from state S0 to state S1. I have starting coordinates and velocities
from a previous NPT run of the same system at S0, however, the charges
are new, that of S1. I didnot generate any Maxwell-velocity for the NVE
run and followed the instructions that rlist should be ~0.3 nm larger
than rcoulomb and rvdw.  I also increased Lincs_iteration value and the
table extension.  Please note that I am using a tabulated interaction
potential for a particular dihedral.

The problem is, an increasing total energy during the NVE run and the
molecule collapses followed by segmentation fault. However, the S0-S1
jump sim runs fine in NPT ensemble.

Also, when I use null potential for the dihedral the NVE job runs fine.
Kind of confused and will really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Durba