[gmx-users] protein Aggregation using Gromacs

Ran Friedman r.friedman at bioc.uzh.ch
Wed May 12 09:30:05 CEST 2010

Hi,

There's no recipie to locate aggregation hot spots based on MD
simulations. There are many papers on simulations of protein and peptide
aggregation from which you can draw some ideas, but bear in mind that
aggregation of more than very few and very small peptides is typically
much slower than what one can simulate using atomistic MD.

For a quick approach you can use sequence analysis tools, e.g., TANGO
http://tango.crg.es/

Good luck,
Ran

Ran Friedman
Postdoctoral Fellow
Computational Structural Biology Group (A. Caflisch)
Department of Biochemistry
University of Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland