[gmx-users] trjconv : error

Nilesh Dhumal ndhumal at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed May 12 19:34:14 CEST 2010

Hello Justin

tpbconv -f 3.trr -s 3.tpr -e 3.edr -n glu-emi-cl-128-no.ndx -o test.tpr

Group     0 (      System) has  2584 elements
Group     1 (     Protein) has  2456 elements
Group     2 (   Protein-H) has  1036 elements
Group     3 (     C-alpha) has     0 elements
Group     4 (    Backbone) has   128 elements
Group     5 (   MainChain) has   129 elements
Group     6 (MainChain+Cb) has   129 elements
Group     7 ( MainChain+H) has   129 elements
Group     8 (   SideChain) has  2327 elements
Group     9 ( SideChain-H) has   907 elements
Group    10 ( Prot-Masses) has  2456 elements
Group    11 ( Non-Protein) has   128 elements
Group    12 (          CL) has   128 elements
Group    13 (       Other) has   128 elements
Group    14 (         GUL) has    24 elements
Group    15 (           O) has     1 elements
--

---
Group    39 (         EMI) has  2432 elements

I selected Group 0

After this I followed the steps given in g_spatial -h.

I selected residue Group 14 and EMI is Group 39 for trjconv.

1. trjconv -s test.tpr  -f 3.xtc -o b.xtc -center  -ur compact -pbc none
-n glu-emi-cl-128-no.ndx

2. trjconv -s test.tpr  -f b.xtc -o c.xtc -fit rot+trans -n
glu-emi-cl-128-no.ndx

For 2nd step I got the error

Fatal error: Index[2385] 2410 is larger than the number of atoms in
the trajectory file (2409).

As I want to plot how glucose (GLU:Group 14 )is surrounded by cation
(EMI:Group 39).

Should I select Group 14 in tpbconv ?

Sorry for so much details and your help is really appreciated.

Thanks
Nilesh