[gmx-users] extending simulation without cpt file

Hsin-Lin Chiang jiangsl at phys.sinica.edu.tw
Sun Nov 21 12:58:43 CET 2010

Hi,

Today I use serach and find this topic.

I got confused.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Extending_Simulations

According the page of "extending simulation", in GROMACS ver.4, the commend is:

tpbconv -s previous.tpr -extend timetoextendby -o next.tpr

mdrun -s next.tpr -cpi previous.cpt

I use this two lines to continue my simulation and get success.

But now I'm much worried my data is wrong since I didn't use -e edr and -t trr as in the first line above.

The way that tpbconv should -e -t files is written in the part ver. 3.3.3 and before.

My GROMACS version is 4.0.5.

Am I right to use lines above to do extending simulation?

Hsin-Lin

 Actually, Justin's right. tpbconv needs -e -t files. It's been so long since I

 used it, I'd forgotten :-)