[gmx-users] extending simulation without cpt file

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sun Nov 21 16:54:53 CET 2010

On 21/11/2010 10:58 PM, Hsin-Lin Chiang wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Today I use serach and find this topic.
>
> I got confused.
>

> http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Extending_Simulations
>
> According the page of "extending simulation", in GROMACS ver.4, the commend is:
>

> tpbconv -s previous.tpr -extend timetoextendby -o next.tpr

So you've created a new .tpr with a longer simulation time (but which
incidentally has the state of the previous .tpr)...

> mdrun -s next.tpr -cpi previous.cpt

... and told mdrun to use that longer time, and the current state in the
checkpoint file. This will work, so long as you are not attempting to
change the thermodynamic ensemble, or similar.

Mark