[gmx-users] atom types

Gavin Melaugh gmelaugh01 at qub.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 13:07:07 CEST 2011

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply.
I am currently reading that section of the manual and, unless I am
completely mistaken, it seems to vindicate what I am saying.
"Extra Lennard-Jones and electrostatic interactions between pairs of
atoms in a molecule can be added in the [pairs] section of a molecule
definition".
In my [atom types] directive I have atomtype, charge mass, sigma and
epsilon etc. All nonbonding parameters are then calculated according to
the combination rule (in my case 3). 1-4 interactions are then
calculated based on the information in [pairs] directive (all atoms are
three bond away). I just have the atom indices of each pair in this
directive therefore with gen_pairs = yes, the interaction parameters
between each pair (which are 1-4) are calculated based on Fudge LJ and
Fudge QQ (which are both 0.5 in my case). All of this in conjunction
with nrexcl =3.  Or am I completely wrong?
In my set up then, are 1-4 Coulombic interactions determined by the pair
list and fudge QQ?

Many Thanks

Gavin