[gmx-users] Re:

Janowicz, Adrianna C. ajanow3 at uic.edu
Mon Aug 22 18:09:47 CEST 2011

Janowicz, Adrianna C. wrote:
I'm trying to install gromacs-3.3 & am constantly getting errors regarding
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
or
CC non executable.

Is this because my version of Linux is too new because these errors were
not happening when I installed the newest versions of Gromacs?

There may be some incompatibility, but it's hard to say without more
details. Is there any particular reason you're trying to install an
ancient Gromacs version?

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080

I'm installing the older version in order to run a simulation of a micelle
using a .pdb from the UCalgary site (Peter Tieleman's site) that has a 0
mass listed for a few molecules. Prior, you said that that file should
work with an older version of Gromacs.