[gmx-users] g_hbond

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Aug 31 15:39:55 CEST 2011

Steven Neumann wrote:
> Hi Gromacs Users,
>
> I have calculated hydrogen bonds and collisions between my ligands and
> every single residue using g_hbond. Looking at the criteria adpoted by
> Gromacs I found impossible that number of hydrogen bonds were higher
> than number of collisions... And what is interesting in one of my
> residue I obtained result like this... All Hbonds with Glycine - 1872,
> All Collisions 704.
>
> Does anyone know how is it possible?

I don't know how any of your numbers are possible (1872 H-bonds forming with a
glycine?), or what you are defining as a collision and how you calculated it.
Please provide the exact commands that you're using.  If you're equating a
contact (e.g. from g_mindist) with a collision, then realize that the default
criteria for a contact are very different than the geometric criteria for a
hydrogen bond.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar