[gmx-users] Residue 'DEF' not found in residue topology database

Emine Deniz Tekin edeniztekin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 10:22:38 CET 2011

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your reply.

Before I contacted you and do what you suggested , I did the following way:
1)      Firstly, I created the lipopetide (12 Carbon atoms (tail) +
Val-Val-Ala-Gly-Glu-Arg-Gly-Asp) using ChemDraw and saved as a PDB. 2)
     Then,
I pasted my pdb file to the The Dundee PRODRG2.5 Server (beta) and I got
conf.gro and topol.top files. 3)      After completing some of the missing
information by hand at the topology file (e.g  #include
"gromos53a6.ff/forcefield.itp"..), started the simulation for 10 ns. Simulation
went through without an apparent error. But I saw that when I watch the
trajectory at Visual Molecular Dynamics (VMD), some bonds seem much longer
than they should be. What could be the reason for this? I wonder  if
something ‘s wrong in the above process.

Thank you in advance,

Deniz