[gmx-users] Library file in.m2p not found

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jan 5 12:45:52 CET 2011

ahmet yıldırım wrote:
> Dear Mark,
>
> I am using the Gromacs on the Ubuntu for month but have not encountered
> any problems.I did a search in the file system of Ubuntu. I do not have
> a GMXLIB folder in a file system.
>
> What should I do?

If you're telling xpm2ps to use in.m2p, that file has to exist somewhere.  The
error message is telling you that it does not exist in the working directory
(i.e., the directory where you're issuing the command), or the standard Gromacs
library directory
(http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Environment_Variables#GMXLIB).

If you tell any Gromacs tool to use certain input, it has to exist; Gromacs
isn't going to magically create all the proper files for you.

-Justin

> 05 Ocak 2011 10:42 tarihinde Mark Abraham <Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
> <mailto:Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au>> yazdı:
>
>     On 5/01/2011 7:37 PM, ahmet yıldırım wrote:
>
>         Dear users,
>
>         I receive the following error when I entered the command "xpm2ps
>         -f ss.xpm -o ss.eps -di in.m2p"
>         Fatal error:
>         Library file in.m2p not found in current dir nor in default
>         directories.
>         (You can set the directories to search with the GMXLIB path
>         variable)
>
>         I am using the Gromacs 4.05 on the Ubuntu 9.1 Operation System.
>         I installed the Gromacs from Synaptic Package Manager.
>         I used echo $GMXDATA but it did not show anything. The pdb2gmx,
>         g_gyrate,...etc files are in the directory /usr/bin/.
>         The GMXRC file is in the directory
>         /usr/share/gromacs/shell-specific.
>

>     Are you following these instructions?
>     http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/Installation_Instructions#Getting_access_to_GROMACS_after_installation