[gmx-users] non-integer charge in a protein setup using pdb2gmx AND slow simulations in vacuum v. 4.5.3

maria goranovic mariagoranovic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 23:28:36 CET 2011

Gee. My mistake then. I did not realize the difference between -COO and
Zwitterion_COO-.

However, when I use the zwitterion termini on both ends of the other chain,
the total charge is 4.010, which is also *slightly*´ disturbing. I have seen
numbers like 2.999999, which are still better. Is 4.010 acceptable within
rounding off errors?

thank you for helping

-Maria