[gmx-users] Query for RMSD

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Jan 24 06:56:32 CET 2011

These are almost certainly periodicity artefacts. Look at your trajectory in a suitable visualization algorithm, and you will see (parts of) the complex cross boundaries at those points. See http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Periodic_Boundary_Conditions for discussion and solution approaches.