[gmx-users] PRODRG server

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Jan 24 12:47:55 CET 2011

On 24/01/2011 10:06 PM, mohsen ramezanpour wrote:
> Dear  Dr.justin
> Actually by doing this  we are using two different force fields in one
> simulation.
> I had done it before and the result was that I discussed before in
> gmx-users(LINCS Error,Exploding system,Bad contacts between atoms)
> Then,this approch seems to doesn't work about my system.

Sounds like you've re-learned the lessons here:
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Parameterization

> Then I  want to find charges and charge groups for gromos 43A1 and
> replace them for my drug(to edit PRODRG file manually) and work
> totally in gromos 43A1.
> Unfortunately I can't obtain these parameter.
> Please let me have if you have it.
> Can I use some Ab Initio software for determining partial charges of
> my drug?
> for example ABINIT or Gaussian!

You should choose a force field based on the likelihood of being able to
successfully make your observations. You want one that has a record of
useful performance on similar systems, for which you can develop
reasonably reliable parameters readily, test them suitably, and run
simulations smoothly. Don't presuppose the form of the solution.

Mark