[gmx-users] mdrun_mpi executable not found

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jan 25 02:08:36 CET 2011

Justin Kat wrote:
> Thank you for the reply!
>
> hmm mdrun_mpi does not appear in the list of executables in
> /usr/local/gromacs/bin (and well therefore not in /usr/local/bin).
>
> Which set of installation commands that I used should have compiled the
> mdrun_mpi executable? And how should I go about getting the mdrun_mpi
> executable at this point?

I see it now.  When you configured with --enable-mpi, you didn't specify
--program-suffix=_mpi, so the installation procedure over-wrote your existing
(serial) mdrun with an MPI-enabled one simply called "mdrun."  The configure
output should have warned you about this.  You could, in theory, simply re-name
your existing executable "mdrun_mpi" and then re-install a serial mdrun, if you
need it.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar