[gmx-users] coiled coil unfolding

Marzinek, Jan j.marzinek10 at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jul 4 10:24:03 CEST 2011

Dear Gromacs Users,

I am running the simualtions between ligands (10-30) and protein - coiled coil segment. My ligand is strongly hydrophobic and the hydrohpohobic strand between two monomers is obviously hidden. I found that my proetin is unfloding from terminals, two strands open allowing ligands to come into hydrophobic residues - the helical structure is partly destroyed as well as coiled coil.

That sounds ok in terms of hydrophobicity.

However, maybe I should run simulation with constrained backbone and coiled coil? What do you think?

Regards,

Jan

Jan Marzinek
PhD Candidate