[gmx-users] Questions about GB parameters

Per Larsson per.larsson at sbc.su.se
Wed Jul 6 10:46:42 CEST 2011

Hi!

Yes, I did! Had to look up a conversation between me and the Tinker developers about precisely this.

The values are indeed not the original ones, but rather developed internally by Tinker people so to minimise differences between analytical surface areas and GB, given the HCT-algorithm and using per-atom rather than per-pair scale factors. The values have not been published anywhere as such but "have been used by others and seem fairly robust", according to Tinker developers.

In the light of all other approximations introduced with implicit solvent, the differences in results should be minor.

Of course this needs to be properly documented, and it was very good that some light was shed on this.

/Per