[gmx-users] R:Re: R: Re: g_mindist on rhombic dodecahedron system

Anna Marabotti anna.marabotti at isa.cnr.it
Tue Jul 12 15:44:52 CEST 2011

I hope this will be the last message on this subject...sorry to bother you,
but I'd need another hint about analysis.
All OK about the new reference file that I created following Justin's
suggestions.
The problem now is that my protein is a homodimeric protein, and when I do:
g_rmsf -f prot_boxdodfull_mol.xtc -s prot_boxdodfull_0ns_fix.gro -o
prot_boxdodfull_rmsf.xvg

the .xvg file comes with the analyses of both subunits superimposed. I tried
to avoid this first creating a .pdb file from the
prot_boxdodfull_0ns_fix.gro file:
editconf -f prot_boxdodfull_0ns_fix.gro -s prot_boxdodfull_0ns_fix.pdb

then adding the chain identifiers "A" and "B" to my .pdb file (I simply
edited it), and finally I used
g_rmsf -f prot_boxdodfull_mol.xtc -s prot_boxdodfull_0ns_fix_chain.pdb -o
prot_boxdodfull_rmsfchain.xvg

but still the .xvg file appears with the data about the two chains
superimposed.
I also tried to create an .ndx file, in which I created two groups (chA and
chB), but it seems to me that they are not suitable for my need.

Do you have any hints about? FYI, I'm currently using Gromacs 4.5.4, and
therefore the residues of the proteins were not renumbered.

Thank you for your infinite patience...
Anna