[gmx-users] R: Re: rhombic dodecahedron and g_sas

Anna Marabotti anna.marabotti at isa.cnr.it
Wed Jul 13 17:08:31 CEST 2011

Dear Tsjerk,
thank you very much for your answer. What do you mean saying that I should
have provided "the exact output of g_sas"? Do you mean that I have to send
you the resulting .xvg file? If you are meaning the exact words that appear
on the screen when I launch g_sas, they are exactly what I wrote in my
message:

++++ PLEASE READ AND CITE THE FOLLOWING REFERENCE ++++
Frank Eisenhaber and Philip Lijnzaad and Patrick Argos and Chris Sander and
Michael Scharf
The Double Cube Lattice Method: Efficient Approaches to Numerical
Integration
of Surface Area and Volume and to Dot Surface Contouring of Molecular
Assemblies
J. Comp. Chem. 16 (1995) pp. 273-284
-------- -------- --- Thank You --- -------- --------

No tpr file, will not compute Delta G of solvation

Reading frame       0 time    0.000
Reading frame       0 time 10000.000

WARNING: non-rectangular boxes may give erroneous results or crashes.
Analysis based on vacuum simulations (with the possibility of evaporation)
will certainly crash the analysis.

Select a group for calculation of surface and a group for output:
Group     0 (         System) has 84335 elements
Group     1 (        Protein) has  7430 elements
Group     2 (      Protein-H) has  5826 elements
Group     3 (        C-alpha) has   718 elements
Group     4 (       Backbone) has  2154 elements
Group     5 (      MainChain) has  2874 elements
Group     6 (   MainChain+Cb) has  3562 elements
Group     7 (    MainChain+H) has  3530 elements
Group     8 (      SideChain) has  3900 elements
Group     9 (    SideChain-H) has  2952 elements
Group    10 (    Prot-Masses) has  7430 elements
Group    11 (    non-Protein) has 76905 elements
Group    12 (          Water) has 76899 elements
Group    13 (            SOL) has 76899 elements
Group    14 (      non-Water) has  7436 elements
Group    15 (            Ion) has     6 elements
Group    16 (             NA) has     6 elements
Group    17 ( Water_and_ions) has 76905 elements
Select a group: Select a group: 7430 out of 7430 atoms were classified as
hydrophobic

WARNING: if there are broken molecules in the trajectory file,
         they can not be made whole without a run input file

Reading frame       1 time 10005.000
Reading frame       2 time 10010.000
Reading frame       3 time 10015.000
Reading frame       4 time 10020.000
Reading frame       5 time 10025.000
Reading frame       6 time 10030.000
Reading frame       7 time 10035.000
Reading frame       8 time 10040.000
Reading frame       9 time 10045.000
Reading frame      10 time 10050.000
Reading frame      11 time 10055.000
Reading frame      12 time 10060.000
Reading frame      13 time 10065.000
Reading frame      14 time 10070.000
Reading frame      15 time 10075.000
Reading frame      16 time 10080.000
Reading frame      17 time 10085.000
Reading frame      18 time 10090.000
Reading frame      19 time 10095.000
Reading frame      20 time 10100.000
Reading frame      30 time 10150.000
Reading frame      40 time 10200.000
Reading frame      50 time 10250.000
Reading frame      60 time 10300.000
Reading frame      70 time 10350.000
Reading frame      80 time 10400.000
Reading frame      90 time 10450.000
Reading frame     100 time 10500.000
Reading frame     110 time 10550.000
Reading frame     120 time 10600.000
Reading frame     130 time 10650.000
Reading frame     140 time 10700.000
Reading frame     150 time 10750.000
Reading frame     160 time 10800.000
Reading frame     170 time 10850.000
Reading frame     180 time 10900.000
Reading frame     190 time 10950.000
Reading frame     200 time 11000.000
Reading frame     300 time 11500.000
Reading frame     400 time 12000.000
Reading frame     500 time 12500.000
Reading frame     600 time 13000.000
Reading frame     700 time 13500.000
Reading frame     800 time 14000.000
Reading frame     900 time 14500.000
Reading frame    1000 time 15000.000
Reading frame    1100 time 15500.000
Reading frame    1200 time 16000.000
Reading frame    1300 time 16500.000
Reading frame    1400 time 17000.000
Reading frame    1500 time 17500.000
Reading frame    1600 time 18000.000
Reading frame    1700 time 18500.000
Reading frame    1800 time 19000.000
Reading frame    1900 time 19500.000
Reading frame    2000 time 20000.000
Reading frame    3000 time 25000.000
Reading frame    4000 time 30000.000
Last frame       4000 time 30000.000

Printing out areas per atom

Back Off! I just backed up atomarea.xvg to ./#atomarea.xvg.3#

gcq#163: "If You Don't Like Cool Quotes Check Your GMXRC File" (Your
Sysadmin)

In any case, if I understand well, I have to convert my .gro file (into a
.tpr file to obtain the exact value of hydrophobicity/hydrophilicity, right?
And what about the warning on possible "erroneous results" for
non-rectangular boxes? Is there a way to understand if the results are
reliable or not?
Anna