[gmx-users] simulation of oligomers/monomers

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jul 18 19:42:15 CEST 2011

Kavyashree M wrote:
> Sir,
>
> My aim was to find out the difference between the monomer protein and
> monomer of the dimer. it was for a preliminary analysis of the dynamics of
> the structure and not a detailed study. But whatever the aim is, if the
> protein is
> stable during the simulation then can a comparison be made for the dynamics
> of protein from different sources.

If stability is not an issue, then maybe you can do some assessment.  Perhaps
dimerization (or higher oligomerization) is needed to impart coordinated motion
for catalysis; there are many such examples.  This will require a fairly
detailed approach like PCA to uncover, rather than some cursory examination of
dynamics.  What you need is a well-defined question that you can answer with the
tools available to you.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate