[gmx-users] ngmx

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 21 22:13:25 CEST 2011

Thomas Koller wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Why does the animation with ngmx not work always properly?

You'll have to define the symptoms better to get an answer to this.  ngmx is a
very (very) rudimentary viewing program.  You're better off with something more
sophisticated, like VMD or PyMol.

> How can I save the animation in Linux?

I don't think there's an option for that with ngmx.  You can export a screenshot
in PostScript format, but there's nothing for animation.  Again, a more
sophisticated viewer will render lovely movies for you.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee