[gmx-users] (no subject)

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jul 26 19:05:26 CEST 2011

Sara baretller wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I used the genion to add a concentration and to neutalize the system in
> the same time by using the
>
>       *genion -s file.tpr -conc 0.2 -neutral -o file.gro -random
>
>       so it did add the NA and Cl but it did not neutralize the system, the net charge of the system still the same negative.

I find this hard to believe.  The application of genion -conc -neutral has
worked in every instance I've tried it along every Gromacs version.  Check your
output again.

>       so i tried to use the genion seperate to neutralize the charge using the file.tpr and out file as the file.gro,
>       however it reset the file.gro and i lose the NA And CL ions added for the concentration.

Without the actual sequence of commands, this is not a useful description.
genion adds ions based on whatever it finds in the .tpr file (which is
presumably not neutralized).  If you do not re-create a .tpr file in between
different additions of ions, you're going to be undoing work you thought you did.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee