[gmx-users] (no subject)

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jul 26 21:48:17 CEST 2011

Sara baretller wrote:
> Hi
>
> this a part of the md.log  where the system has -50 charge
>
>   two-body bonded interactions: 0.407 nm, Bond, atoms 514 515
>   multi-body bonded interactions: 0.731 nm, G96Angle, atoms 1272 1275
> Minimum cell size due to bonded interactions: 0.804 nm
> Maximum distance for 9 constraints, at 120 deg. angles, all-trans: 0.810 nm
> Estimated maximum distance required for P-LINCS: 0.810 nm
> This distance will limit the DD cell size, you can override this with -rcon
> Optimizing the DD grid for 4 cells with a minimum initial size of 0.810 nm
> The maximum allowed number of cells is: X 11 Y 11 Z 11
> Domain decomposition grid 4 x 1 x 1, separate PME nodes 0
> Domain decomposition nodeid 0, coordinates 0 0 0
>
> Table routines are used for coulomb: TRUE
> Table routines are used for vdw:     TRUE
> Using shifted Lennard-Jones, switch between 0.9 and 1.2 nm
> Cut-off's:   NS: 1.2   Coulomb: 1.2   LJ: 1.2
> System total charge: -50.000
> Generated table with 1100 data points for Shift.
> Tabscale = 500 points/nm
> Generated table with 1100 data points for LJ6Shift.
> Tabscale = 500 points/nm
> Generated table with 1100 data points for LJ12Shift.
> Tabscale = 500 points/nm
> Configuring nonbonded kernels...
> Configuring standard C nonbonded kernels...
> Testing ia32 SSE2 support... present

There's nothing abnormal here.  genion reports that it finds a -50 charge on the
system.  That's what it's supposed to do.  Based on what it finds in the
topology, it adds neutralizing ions and any additional ions to reach the
specified concentration.  You only have a problem if grompp later complains that
there's still some residual charge (excluding tiny rounding discrepancies).

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080