[gmx-users] Re: How to exert different lateral pressure profile of a membrane to study its influence on a protein inserted in the double layer membrane?

KONG Xian xianshine at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 07:04:21 CEST 2011

Dear Justin A. Lemkul:

         Thanks for your rapid reply.

         Just as you said, the result of my simulation with different xy
p_ref values didn't vary, they are almost the same.

         I think I need consider some other ways to do what I was mean to
do.

I have read a paper that study the different lateral pressure profiles of
lipid membrane with respect to sterol type, I think I may chose this as a
way to produce different pressure profiles.

Ollila, O. H. S., T. Rog, et al. (2007). "Role of sterol type on lateral
pressure profiles of lipid membranes affecting membrane protein
functionality: Comparison between cholesterol, desmosterol,
7-dehydrocholesterol and ketosterol." Journal of Structural Biology 159(2):
311-323.

And, what's more, Do you think steered MD is a choice?

KONG Xian